[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Partial page rendering

sbryzak2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 30 19:45:45 EDT 2006

It is possible with remoting, but you need to realise that once you start down that path its hard to turn back.  I've successfully implemented a fully remoting-based application for my company and I must say that more than anything it reminds me of the way you used to write client-server apps.

All the code is loaded "up front" and the client is pretty much self-contained, only retrieving the data it needs from the server and rendering the interface itself.  It's not difficult to abstract out the interface generation and there's plenty of Javascript libraries (dojo, etc) that might help out in this area.

What you miss out on with this architecture is the JSF component model, which means you can't use all those nice JSF components.  And you also need to have reasonable Javascript skills.  What you end up with though is a very responsive application, and with the minimal client-server communication it's great for reducing load on the server.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968503#3968503

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968503