[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - HA-JNDI Namespace in JMX Console

MarcReis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 31 06:49:49 EDT 2006

I have a cluster of two 4.0.4 and have been clustering for a while.

Shortly I noticed that a new test app showed up under the HA-JNDI Namespace, before clustered beans didn?t do that.
They always appeared in the Global Namespace. I didn?t bother with it before, since failover and load balancing still worked. I thought it was just a issue with the view...
 After changing a bit here an there on the test app, I at some time noticed that it disappeared form the HA-JNDI to the Global namespace again.
 All attempts to get it back under the HA JNDI have failed. The app works ok, but it just doesn?t show up. I did a minimal SFSB to try this again, with no luck.
What config to I need to have, so that theoretically the Bean will land in HA JNDI? If it doesn?t show up there, does this mean the naming will run through HA-JNDI, find nothing, and then go through the Global namespace  or is this just a "view" problem ?

Just to show the class (Interfaces are omitted, there naked, just the one method and a field with the jndi name and a @Remote and @Local for the corresponding interface) :
There is just annotation config, no ejb-jar.xml or jboss.xml in the META-INF .
(I did try with them, and diverse settings in each of them. I guess if the problem is the config, I missed the right mix except that one time. I wanted to go simple, since in other apps I had the feeling that the mixing of annotation, ejb xml and jboss xml  is at the moment not always working right).

  | package de.somewhere.dummy.bean;
  |
  | import javax.ejb.Stateful;
  |
  | import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.Clustered;
  | import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.LocalBinding;
  | import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.RemoteBinding;
  |
  | import de.somewhere.dummy.interfaces.IDoSomeWorkSFSBLocal;
  | import de.somewhere.dummy.interfaces.IDoSomeWorkSFSBRemote;
  |
  | @Stateful
  | @Clustered(partition= "DefaultPartition", loadBalancePolicy = org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.RoundRobin.class)
  | @RemoteBinding(jndiBinding	= "DUMMY/DoSomeWorkSFSB/remote")
  | @LocalBinding(jndiBinding	= "DUMMY/DoSomeWorkSFSB/local")
  | public class DoSomeWorkSFSB implements 	IDoSomeWorkSFSBRemote,
  | 										IDoSomeWorkSFSBLocal{
  | 	private String lastString="";
  | 	private String lastResult="";
  |
  | 	public DoSomeWorkSFSB(){
  |
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public String mirrorString(String sText){
  | 		if(sText==lastString)
  | 			return lastResult;
  |
  | 		lastString = sText;
  | 		lastResult = "";
  | 		for (int i=sText.length()-1; i>=0; i--){
  | 			lastResult += sText.charAt(i);
  | 		}
  | 		System.out.println(lastResult);
  | 		return lastResult;