[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: BPEL a graph based execution language ? Where is the gra

alex.guizar@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 31 12:16:49 EDT 2006

Arnaud,

I think there is a small term confusion: graph representation != graphical representation. Graphs are mathematical structures. Structured activities in BPEL (sequence, if, while, flow, pick, etc.) are "unfolded" by the jBPM BPEL parser into nodes, transitions and links. Graphs have a graphical representation, but the math concept is a separate thing.

My apologies if I am saying something you already knew.

Regarding the Eclipse designer, as a matter of fact, we are in touch with the developers behind that initiative and are working on an implementation of their runtime framework for jBPM BPEL. That might take a while as the runtime framework is not even there, but, as you say, this is a question of time.

I will link to it from the documentation so that our fine users are aware there is an open source designer on the works.

Thanks for your suggestions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968693#3968693

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968693