[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Partitioned classes and configuration?

sidragon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 31 14:45:05 EDT 2006

I am working with Seam, but I think this is an EJB3 problem, hence posting in this thread.

I have a working test environment set up for my Seam application that performs nicely when I put all my configuration files in the same location as the classes.  That is, it looks something like this:
classes/
  |   net.my.packages
  |   seam.properties
  |   myDatasource-ds.xml
  |   META-INF/
  |     usual stuff
  |   WEB-INF/
  |     usual stuff
However, I like to be very strict about keeping clean separation between different types of resources.  It would be ideal to keep all the configuration files in a location like resources/ without copying them into classes/, then add both to my classpath at test runtime.

Section 9.2 of the Seam reference says that any location containing a seam.properties file will be scanned for components.  This works, sort of, but I get ugly errors which I do not understand.  I have stack traces on my wiki here:  http://sidragon.net/wiki/JBoss_Seam_test_environment#Symptoms

Any suggestions?  Is it possible to keep this divide?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968733#3968733

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968733