[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: passing data to AssignmentHandler best practice?

jmjava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 31 19:29:42 EDT 2006

FWIW I got it:

Instead of hardcoding the assignment like in the base websale example i changed the process Defintion to be:

  <swimlane name="salesman">
  |     <assignment actor-id="#{taskInstance.variables['salesman']}" />
  |   </swimlane>
  |
  |   <swimlane name="accountant">
  |    <assignment actor-id="#{taskInstance.variables['accountant']}" />
  |   </swimlane>
  |
  |   <swimlane name="shipper">
  |    <assignment actor-id="#{taskInstance.variables['shipper']}" />
  |   </swimlane>

and after i create my processInstance i set the taskInstance variables in java code:

    // create a new taskinstance for the start task
  |     TaskInstance taskInstance = processInstance.getTaskMgmtInstance().createStartTaskInstance();
  |
  |     taskInstance.setVariable("buyer", "cookiemonster");
  |     taskInstance.setVariable("salesman", "ernie");
  |     taskInstance.setVariable("accountant", "bert");
  |     taskInstance.setVariable("shipper", "grover");

this allows me to assign the swimlane actors via business logic instead of hardcoding them.

-jm

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968807#3968807

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968807