[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problem using Expression language enhancements

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 1 13:27:50 EST 2006

No.

Starting from the beginning, most JSF components attributes take ValueBindings.A ValueBinding references either a public field or a getter/setter method pair (a 'property') - in other words a JavaBean.  EL automatically translates foo.bar into foo.getBar() and foo.setBar().

Some attributes take MethodBindings - action methods, action listeners, valuechange listeners.  These reference the method directly i.e. action="#{foo.bar}" would call foo.bar() in the INVOKE_APPLICATION phase of JSF.

All the code you are trying to get work is valuebinding, which, correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't support the EL enhancement.  Nothing to do with Entities, fields, sessions beans etc.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990526#3990526

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990526