[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Please vote for your favorite issues -- mine :-)

bela@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 2 11:15:07 EST 2006

"genman" wrote : 880: I know you and Manik don't believe me, but this is a fundamental feature that most cache services provide as part of their basic API, i.e. put(k, v, ttl).

  | The dev discussion explains this motivation in detail. I already gave about 3 examples (HTTP cache, session cache, geospatial cache), are these not compelling examples?

Why can't they be implemented using regions.

Elias, I'm not really against this, but I'm against adding API (or parameters to existing methods) for things that can be achieved in a different way.
Manik: if we can do this using the Options parameter, then I'm fine with Elias' proposal, otherwise still a -1 from me.

anonymous wrote :
  | 841: I don't see how you can implement efficient queries (that is better than O(N)) without some sort of indexing, or in this case per-node sorting.

Okay, fine as long as we do *not* need to add the 2 proposed methods to the Node interface, but to the OrderedNode *class*. So I assume this requires another enum to let the Node factory know which type of node to create ? However, if you want to use an OrderedNode, you'd have to narrow Node to OrderedNode.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990754#3990754

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990754