[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: JAAS newbie - missing something that should be obvious

grego@spiekerpoint.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 2 16:34:10 EST 2006

"jaikiran" wrote :
  |   | Change it to:
  |   |
  |   |   | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  |   |   | <jboss-web>
  |   |   | 	<security-domain>SPDB</security-domain>
  |   |   | </jboss-web>
  |   |
  |   | and give it a try.

Ok - nice - that worked well! Thank you!!!

One question on the next part. Now the error report from the jboss console says:
14:23:52,491 ERROR [JBossSecurityMgrRealm] Error during authenticate
  | javax.naming.NamingException: Could not dereference object [Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: SPDB not bound]

But the login-config.xml file clearly has the SPDB section in it... Do I need to expressly tell JAAS about the new application pollicy? <and I have restarted jboss after adding the section to the login-config.xml file>

Should I be moving the EJB security-domain over to that as well? as in (jboss.xml):

  | <jboss>
  | 	<security-domain>java:/jaas/SPDB</security-domain>
  | </jboss>

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990766#3990766

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990766