[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Please vote for your favorite issues -- mine :-)

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 3 09:37:17 EST 2006

Re: 841

Since with 2.0.0, the node is now a top-level construct, I can see the value in adding comparators to the dataset.  I'mnot averse to adding stuff to the API provided it is useful and cohesive to the core offering of JBoss Cache.  Again, +1 on the idea.

Functors is a nice genericisation for applying transformations to the data in the cache, and is a useful hook for allowing people to do stuff to the data that we *cannot* foresee or is sufficiently domain-specific, but I think sorting is (a) fairly fundamental to many use-cases and (b) fairly core to any system that organises and stores data.

So +1 on the API.

Again, re: the implementation, I don't think JBoss Retro will support JDK6 -> 4 weaving for a while.  And there is no way I'm baselining on 6 for some time to come.

Also, I need to be careful of feature-creep in 2.0.0, so I may defer this to 2.1.0.  (Adding an API method at that stage will not break the existing 2.0.0 API)

Unless, that is, this feature (complete with comprehensive test suites and full regression against the existing test suite) is contributed in time for 2.0.0.  ;-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990803#3990803

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990803