[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - How to debug remote JBoss, which is in Linux?

jiangshachina do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 3 22:10:28 EST 2006

Hi guys,
I'm using JBoss4.0.4GA and RedHat AS4.0 Linux.
I want to dubug the remote JBoss in Linux from my Windows machine via Eclipse3.2.

I modified run.sh and added the following statement
JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n
under the statement
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dprogram.name=$PROGNAME"

I launched the server by command "sh run.sh", then JBoss reported
run.sh: line 142: -XDebug: command not found
What's wrong with the matter?
How can I resolve it?
Thanks in advance!

a cup of Java, cheers!