[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Authorization failure .NET client to secured Webservices

cboatwright do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 4 00:32:26 EST 2006

I didn't notice a @PortComponent annotation, like:

  | @PortComponent(authMethod="BASIC", urlPattern="/contextHere/athenaserver",transportGuarantee="CONFIDENTIAL")

Also, I'm guessing you are using the Tomcat that comes with 4.0.5.GA? If so, you should also remember to set the restrictedUserAgents attribute on the connector:

  |       <Connector port="443" address="${jboss.bind.address}"
  |            maxThreads="100" strategy="ms" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
  |            emptySessionPath="true"
  |            scheme="https" secure="true" clientAuth="false"
  |            keystoreFile="${jboss.server.home.dir}/conf/keystore_tiger"
  |            keystorePass="--" sslProtocol = "TLS"
  |            restrictedUserAgents="^.*MS Web Services Client Protocol.*$"/>

I'm not a VB expert so I cannot comment on that. I've used the express edition to test my secure Web services and things work just fine. I have something like:

  |        Dim proxy As New HelloWorldWs.HelloWorldService
  |
  |        Try
  |            proxy.PreAuthenticate = True
  |            proxy.Credentials = New NetworkCredential("colin1", "myPass")
  |
  |            Dim result As String
  |            result = proxy.echoString("J", "Scott")
  |            MsgBox(result)
  |        Catch ex As Exception
  |
  |            MsgBox(ex.Message)
  |
  |        End Try

Hope this helps spark some thoughts to discover your problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990866#3990866

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990866