[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Almost identical session beans, one works one fails

Melladh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 4 06:53:23 EST 2006

The failing one is looked up like this, and I get a "not bound" exception when activating the servlet it's called from.

			Context context = new InitialContext();
  | 			Object listRef = context.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/ListApplicants");

The working one is looked up the same way, except that it's called Applicant instead of ListApplicants. All the configurations look the same.

Home interface
package ejb;

  | /**
  |  * Home interface for ListApplicants.
  |  */
  | public interface ListApplicantsHome
  |    extends javax.ejb.EJBHome
  | {
  |    public static final String COMP_NAME="java:comp/env/ejb/ListApplicants";
  |    public static final String JNDI_NAME="ejb/ListApplicants";
  |
  |    public ejb.ListApplicants create(java.lang.String param)
  |       throws javax.ejb.CreateException,java.rmi.RemoteException;
  |
  | }

jboss.xml
      <session>
  |          <ejb-name>ListApplicants</ejb-name>
  |          <jndi-name>ejb/ListApplicants</jndi-name>
  |          <local-jndi-name>ListApplicantsLocal</local-jndi-name>
  |       </session>

ejb-jar.xml
      <session >
  |          <description><![CDATA[Description for ListApplicants]]></description>
  |          <display-name>Name for ListApplicants</display-name>
  |
  |          <ejb-name>ListApplicants</ejb-name>
  |
  |          <home>ejb.ListApplicantsHome</home>
  |          <remote>ejb.ListApplicants</remote>
  |          <ejb-class>ejb.ListApplicantsBean</ejb-class>
  |
  |          <session-type>Stateful</session-type>
  |          <transaction-type>Container</transaction-type>
  |
  |       </session>

This looks exactly the same for my ApplicantBean, with the names changed accordingly, and that one works! This one doesn't. Anyone have a clue about what's wrong?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990953#3990953

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3990953