[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Security

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 4 13:01:00 EST 2006

I'm looking forward to it.  I spent several days looking into the Java Security APIs and I got the big Sun Java Security book and read it.  I want a simple way to let users log in and view web pages!  How hard could that be?  But after carefully reading Sun's Java Security book, I learned that I could easily build plugable security architectures and whatever but there was no reasonable way to, say, password protect a database.  I'm looking forward to being able to do declarative security: "These web pages can only be accessed by users in role ___.  These class methods can only be accessed by users in role ___.  These objects can only be accessed by users in role ___."  Combine that with annotations on classes like, "this class is a user with role ___", and then a way to define a Authentication class that lets me say "if(password.equalsIgnoreCase(user.password)).  HOW HARD COULD THAT BE?  And yet there doesn't seem to be any way to do that at all with Sun's security architecture.  Anyway if Seam can make that happen that will be great.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991061#3991061

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991061