[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - JMS TCP connections

turcototo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 5 05:50:43 EST 2006

Hi.
I need to implement an async path in my process and I decided to use a JMS queue and an MDB.
In an ActionHandler I have:

    [...]
  |     public void execute(ExecutionContext context) throws Exception {
  | 		long tid = context.getProcessInstance().getId();
  |                 LocalCoreManager coreManager = lookupLocalCoreManager();
  |                 coreManager.publish(tid, messageCode);
  | 		JbpmContext jbpmContext = context.getJbpmContext();
  | 		jbpmContext.close();
  | 	}

At this point my process enter the Wait State "Queued", then, asynchronously, the MDB loads the process instance and signals it.
Everything seems to work ok BUT...I've noticed that I have dozens of open TCP connections to the port 8093.
This leads to an OutOfMemoryException on Windows and to a "too many files open in system" on linux.
The code of coreManager.publish is ok because if I call the bean from inside a Junit test I can publish and the connections are correctly closed. So it appears that the problem is to publish jms messages from inside jbpm.

Do you have suggestions?

Thankyou
Salvatore

P.S. I use jboss 4.0.4GA and jbpm 3.1.2 but I've tryed also jboss 4.0.5 and jbpm 3.1.3

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991233#3991233

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991233