[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Unable to precompile JSPs with JBOSS 4.0.5GA

lking28 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 5 10:04:08 EST 2006

All,
  I'm upgrading from JBOSS 4.0.1 to 4.0.5 along with Java 5.   Along the way I've come accross the problem of my ANT script failing to pre-compile my JSP's.   Below is an excerpt from my script.

              <jasper2
                       verbose="2"
                       package="org.apache.jsp"
                       uriroot="${build.dir}/${project.src}/web/AdminClientWeb"
                       webXmlFragment="${jar.dir}/AdminWebPrecompiled/out.xml"
                       outputDir="${jboss-tomcat}/AdminWeb/WEB-INF/src" />

As u can see, I pretty much followed the instructions from Tomcat.  But i recieve the following error when i run this script:

 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.release(Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)V

Funny thing is that I have no commons-logging anywhere in my classpath.   Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Leon

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991315#3991315

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991315