[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - JMX Decorator for POJOs - suggestion

dward@redhat.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 5 14:59:31 EST 2006

In regard to this JIRA issue:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBMICROCONT-71
... I have a suggestion:

I think that exposing a microcontainer POJO as an MBean, and optionally also making it available in JNDI, would be a farily common thing to do.  Thus, I think an ultra-easy way of configuring a POJO to expose itself as so should be available.  May I suggest adding 2 new optional attributes to the <bean ...> element?  jmx-name and jndi-name?  Simply adding them to the bean tag will go ahead and dynamically expose it as an mbean or add it to JNDI, respectively?  Example:

<bean
     name="Bar"
     jmx-name="jboss.foo:service=Bar"
     jndi-name="java:/foo/Bar"
     class="com.foo.Bar"/>

I think this would be easier for people than a sub <annotation ...> element (I remember seeing something like this somewhere for jndi binding in the microcontainer).  For JMX, I like it better than a @JMX annotation on the bean also (I saw that someplace too).  However, I understand that is more of a matter of opinion/taste...

If this has already been suggested then shame on me.  :)

Thoughts?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991442#3991442

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991442