[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: how to use with EJB3Standalone container inside eclipse

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 00:25:07 EST 2006

Try bypassing the create/start/stop/destroy methods (which are meant to be invoked from within JBoss AS) and instead use createService/startService, etc.

I haven't tried this, but per http://docs.jboss.org/nightly/microkernel/docs/gettingstarted/en/html/basics.html#d0e268 this should be something like:

  | <bean name="jboss.cache:service=TestTreeCache" class="org.jboss.cache.TreeCache">
  |    <create method="createService"/>
  |    <start method="startService"/>
  |    <stop method="stopService"/>
  |    <destroy method="destroyService"/>
  | </bean>

Good luck getting all the configurations injected; in JBC 1.x configuration isn't particularly microcontainer friendly. (That's much improved in JBC 2.0.0.) You're kind of breaking new ground here; I haven't head of anyone launching a cache from within the embeddable container.  I'll try to help you out as I can.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991535#3991535

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991535