[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portal 2.4.0 source org.jboss.portal.portlet.Portl

julien@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 04:57:46 EST 2006

Actually I read several posts of your blog, in particular the POST/GET with form. Here is the main reason of why we don't want to have FORM+GET :

The problem of FORM GET is that there is no specification that says how the browsers should merge the parameters of the URL of the form to submit with the form fields.

As the portal may encode data in the URL parameters, depending on the browsers, those parameters may be discarded partially or completely and the portal request may not be able to occur.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991579#3991579

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991579