[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Scheduler vs. EJB Timer Service

evk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 14:06:54 EST 2006

Hi,

Right now I have an application that's using the EJB Timer service (I have an MDB with a @Timeout public void timeout(javax.ejb.Timer t) method that is set to run every few seconds, indefinitely, as soon as the application is deployed.

Previous posts to these forums have indicated that the EJB Timer service is not in any way clustered... so if I had several Jboss nodes in a cluster, only one of them is running the Timer service, and if that single node went down, my timer would stop (and the timer is critical to my application).

So I was thinking of moving to the org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler MBean timer. But all the examples that I've seen are toy. The method invoked by the timer just logs.  How do you make a Schedulable instance call an EJB method, for example? And how does deployment work if your Schedulable instance thus depends on an EJB? Right now I just have one .ear to deploy. Do I now need to deploy an .ear and a .sar? Do I need to worry about the deployment ordering?

Thanks,
--Erik

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991754#3991754

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991754