[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Intalio vs jBPM

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 7 05:11:17 EST 2006

anonymous wrote : - jbpm is more oriented towards developers / Intalio focuses on business users with little technical experience

If you read Toms blogs, you can see he (and me and others) believe(s) it will always be a joint effort between technical and business people. Even in real life it is my experience that I've never ever seen business people develop an end-user (customer) application.

anonymous wrote : - jbpm requires code / Intalio is (almost) zero-code

Depends on what you mean by code. I've never ever seen a full functional bpm app that did not require any java/xslt/script/.... in any way.

anonymous wrote : - jbpm ? / "One-click-deploy" with Intalio

jbpm to, but we (in the company I work for) deploy from a versioning system, so one-click-deploy is only needed for developers

anonymous wrote : - jbpm is beta BPEL compliant / Intalio is fully BPEL compliant

Using bpel for workflow (what intalio does with the BPEL4People extension) is by many seen as not what bpel should not be used for. Especially with the great bpml/xpdl alignment which has taken place. No need for round-trip bpel/bpmn anymore then.

anonymous wrote : - jbpm does not support BPMN / Intalio does

Correct

anonymous wrote : I´m sure I haven´t covered all difference between both. I would appreciate any help with that!

- jbpm is opensource, intalio isn't http://jboss.org/jbossBlog/blog/tbaeyens/?permalink=What_is_open_source_Intalio_sure_is_NOT.txt
- ...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3991910#3991910

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3991910