[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problem injecting drools WorkingMemory

sjmenden do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 7 16:30:52 EST 2006

I am following the documentation for injecting the WorkingMemory into an EJB.  I know my problem is configuration, but there are no working examples specific to the documentation, so I'm having trouble:

  | SEVERE: Error Rendering View[/purchase.xhtml]
  | org.jboss.seam.RequiredException: In attribute requires value for component: purchaseHome.purchasingRulesMemory
  |         at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstanceToInject(Component.java:1844)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.Component.injectFields(Component.java:1317)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.Component.inject(Component.java:1087)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.BijectionInterceptor.bijectTargetComponent(BijectionInterceptor.java:48)

components.xml

  | <components xmlns:drools="http://jboss.com/products/drools">

  |     <drools:rule-base name="purchasingRules">
  | 	    <drools:rule-files>
  | 	        <value>purchasingRules.drl</value>
  | 	    </drools:rule-files>
  | 	</drools:rule-base>
  |
  | 	<drools:managed-working-memory name="purchasingRulesMemory" auto-create="true" rule-base="#{purchasingRules}"/>

  | </components>

purchasingRules.drl, located in the resources dir, but I'm copying it over to WEB-INF/classes because the docs say that the rule is looked for on the classpath

  | package test.purchasing
  |
  | rule "Step 1"
  |
  | 	when
  | 		s : PurchaseStatus( status == "New Request")
  | 	then
  | 		System.out.println("Rule Triggered!!!!!!!!!");
  | 		System.out.println(s);
  | 		s.setStatus("Waiting for purchase Approval.");
  | 		s.setNextStep("Step 1");
  |
  | end

PurchaseHome.java

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992092#3992092