[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How many EntityManagers and SFSBs in a web app?

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 7 20:59:18 EST 2006

As Pete says, this is solved once you start using conversations and Seam-managed persistence contexts.

It actually *is* possible to have a session-scoped Seam-managed persistence context, but we don't recommend it because it can be a memory leak unless you *really* know what you are doing, and you have a *really* good usecase for it. Your usecase (ie. "I'm not using conversations, because Tomahawk is broken", according to the other thread) definitely does not count as "good".

As for PHP solving the problem, that's just absurd. There is no such thing as lazy fetching or a persistence context in PHP. If you are looking for help in the forum, yelling totally stupid things like this is not the right way to go about it. OK?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992139#3992139

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992139