[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How many EntityManagers and SFSBs in a web app?

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 8 00:32:10 EST 2006

Gavin, I'm not trying to yell stupid things.  PHP is clearly a stupid thing.  It doesn't suffer LIEs because it's so primitive it doesn't have any abstraction for access to the DB at all.  No (real) objects to initialize means no initialization errors, and applications which are messes of procedural code and no separation of view and logic.  It does have a very simple and effective way of managing DB connections, but it's incapable of going to the next generation of web services, which is what Seam is for.

Not using conversation scope is obvoiusly where I'm messing myself up.  I didn't understand this.  I need to either figure out if Tomahawk can work with Seam and maintain conversation, or just ditch Tomahawk, as cool as some of the Tomahawk stuff is.

anonymous wrote : . I think it is fair to say that you should, in most normal apps, only need to store one entity in the session scope - the logged in user - and I've never had to place any in the application context.

Ok, that's a useful bit of info.

As for SMPC in Conversation scope: So I should change my SFSBs to be conversation-scoped (as you're saying).  I should also remove the EXTENDED PersistenceContext parameter?  If my SFSB is Conversation scope, I just don't have to worry about it?

As a corollary, if I do all that, and test it with a Tomahawk component, and it breaks, well, I just take out the Tomahawk stuff until they come out with a version that works with Seam.

Is this the right track?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992157#3992157

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992157