[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - PostgreSQL collection problem

sherkan777 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 8 02:46:44 EST 2006

Hi all,
Sorry for off topic, but those forum is most often searched:P

My problem is with PostgreSQL db, previous I've used MySQL and everythink worked fine, but when I migrated to Postgre somethink wrong is going on with my collection.

Let's see.
Mother has childrens relation 1->n
List myChildrens = new LinkedList();

when i load mother object from db i have childrens positioned like I inserted them to db. (that is in mysql).
example:
Tom, Mike, Ann.

After migration to postgresql, every time childrens are loaded different like in set collection.

Example:
1. Tom, Mike, Ann
2. Mike, Ann, Tom etc.

Anyone have an idea what should i check or what mechanism is responsible for loading objects from db?

By the way mother object is loaded by Find method NOT query. (order by)
Or maybe i made somethink wrong in my ds xml file with connection properties.

Here's and some source code.
MySQL DS:

  | <datasources>
  |     <local-tx-datasource>
  |         <jndi-name>MyDS</jndi-name>
  |
  | <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/myDB?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=latin2</connection-url>
  |         <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
  |         <user-name>root</user-name>
  |         <password>root</password>
  |         <exception-sorter-class-name>
  |             org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLExceptionSorter
  |         </exception-sorter-class-name>
  |
  |         <metadata>
  |             <type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping>
  |         </metadata>