[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - EJB2 findByPrimaryKey caches sometimes but not others.

chrismm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 8 05:18:48 EST 2006

We have two entity beans that are accessed via their findByPrimaryKey methods. Both beans have the same container configuration and are executed 10 times within a single transaction.
By turning on CMP tracing we can see that for the first bean one line of sql is executed against the database (ie the container is caching - as expected) for the second bean 10 lines are executed ?, what could cause this ? ie how does the container decide when not to cache an entity bean that is looked up by pk ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992207#3992207

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992207