[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Exception when invoking a WebService within an ActionHandler

mavrides do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 8 09:05:18 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have searched everywhere to find an answer to this question.

I try to invoke a very simple webservice from within an ActionHandler but I get an exception.

Code:

  | public void execute(ExecutionContext context) throws Exception {
  | 		try {
  | 	           String endPoint =
  | 	               "http://localhost:8080/axis/CruiseServiceImpl.jws";
  | 	           // Set up the remote method call
  | 	           Service  service = new Service();}
  | 	           call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endPoint));
  | 	           call.setOperationName( new QName("CruiseServiceImpl", "cruiseDestinations") );
  | 	           // Perform the remote call
  | 	           String[] ret = (String[])call.invoke(new Object[0]);
  | 	           System.out.println("Destinations:");
  | 	           for (int i = 0; i < ret.length; i++) {
  | 	               String s = ret;
  | 	               System.out.println(s);
  | 	           }
  | 	        } catch (Exception e) {
  | 	           e.printStackTrace();
  | 	        }
  | 	        context.getContextInstance().setVariable("message", message);
  |
  | 	}

And here is the exception:

  | description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
  |
  | exception
  |
  | javax.servlet.ServletException: Error calling action method of component with id taskform:transitionButton
  | 	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:109)
  | 	org.jbpm.webapp.filter.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:55)
  | 	org.jbpm.web.JbpmContextFilter.doFilter(JbpmContextFilter.java:83)
  | 	org.jbpm.webapp.filter.LogFilter.doFilter(LogFilter.java:59)
  | 	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)
  |
  | root cause
  |
  | javax.faces.FacesException: Error calling action method of component with id taskform:transitionButton
  | 	org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:74)
  | 	javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:106)
  | 	javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase(UIViewRoot.java:90)
  | 	javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:164)
  | 	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.invokeApplication(LifecycleImpl.java:271)
  | 	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:86)
  | 	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:94)
  | 	org.jbpm.webapp.filter.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:55)
  | 	org.jbpm.web.JbpmContextFilter.doFilter(JbpmContextFilter.java:83)
  | 	org.jbpm.webapp.filter.LogFilter.doFilter(LogFilter.java:59)
  | 	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)
  |
  | note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5 logs.

Please note:
1) Everything runs great when I test this with JUnit. The exception occurs when I try to run the process from within jbpm, after pressing "Save and Close Task".
2) I have no idea where to find the tomcat logs since it is embedded within jbpm 3.1.2 in my case, that is why I haven't looked at them.

Any help as in why this happens or where to find the logs would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992254#3992254

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992254