[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problems with "hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" property set to updat

toni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Dec 9 11:45:12 EST 2006

Hi,

I noticed that my webapp stops working, when I change the "hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" property of my persitence.xml file from "create-drop" to "update".

This used to work before and now I get the following exceptions, when I try to retrieve a set of entities to populate a DataModel for rendering a JSF Table in a JSP page:

Caused by: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Bean: $Proxy663, property: dataModel
        ... 56 more
Caused by: javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException:
         ... 61 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String

If I set the property to "create-drop" I can use the webapplication an get NO errors? Does anybody know what could be the cause?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992428#3992428

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992428