[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: JBoss Web vs Tomcat?

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 10 05:08:52 EST 2006

Thanks for your responses. Could you provide some more detail on this, as I'm still confused. I've listed some questions below:

1) For somebody who will not need to use the .NET and PHP features of it, what is the purpose of using JBoss Web?

2) If I download JBoss Web and add it to my JBoss AS installation, do I still need Apache web server (or any web server) on top of that, or is it only good for JSPs/Servlets?

3) In my default download of JBoss AS, how come I can already access static and dynamic HTTP pages? Is it because of the jbossweb-tomcat55.sar?

4) Do I need Apache on top of jbossweb-tomcat55.sar? Where does JBoss Web fit in?

5) Is the choice really between JBoss Web versus Tomcat AND Apache together? Can JBoss Web do the job of both the others in one package? (Is that the value proposition - installing one thing instead of two?)

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992512#3992512

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992512