[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Basic Seam questions

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 12 02:42:15 EST 2006

What is the difference between injecting an entity into a session bean and instantiating it manually? They both seem like they work, provided that you use the appropriate EntityManager methods, such as persist().

What is the main advantage of using injection versus not?

I also have a question about @In(create=true). Wouldn't you always want create=true? For the first request, wouldn't injection always need to create the nonexistent entity? So I'm getting confused on when you'd want to not have create=true.

Hopefully somebody could please clarify for me. Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3992976#3992976

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3992976