[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Hibernate with EHCache

grigovlad do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 12 10:28:01 EST 2006

I am using Hibernate 3.2.0 with JBoss 4.0.4, in an enterprise application. I have configured hibernate-service.xml to use the EhCacheProvider as a provider for the second level cache. I use ehcache 1.2.4.

The ehcache-1.2.4.jar is placed in the libs directory of the current server.

The problem is that ehcache uses an external configuration file (ehcache.xml). At startup, ehcache.xml is automatically searched in classpath. I tried to place ehcache.xml in several directories (in the same directory with hibernate-service.xml, in the root of the ear, in the directory where hibernate.cfg.xml is located), but none of the solutions worked. I keep getting an error that the configuration file ehcache.xml couldn't be found. ([net.sf.ehcache.config.ConfigurationFactory] No configuration found.)

The only place I put ehcache.xml and it worked ok was inside the ehcache-1.2.4.jar (the jar is in the libs directory of the current server). If I put it there, ehcache.xml is found at startup and everything works all right (but this is a very ugly solution).

Isn't threre any way to put ehcache.xml inside the ear so that it will be found at startup, when the hibernate Mbean is initialized?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993102#3993102

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993102