[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problem with selectItems taglib

dave.rogers do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 12 11:28:03 EST 2006

Here's my very crude solution:

In BasicEntityConvertor, comment out the entity check in the findIdMethod method

   protected Method findIdMethod(Class clazz) {
  | 		// Check that the class passed is an entity
  | 		//if (!(clazz.isAnnotationPresent(Entity.class))) {
  | 		//	throw new ConverterException(getMessage(NOT_AN_ENTITY + " " + clazz.getName()));
  | 		//}

and the same in the findIdField

	protected Field findIdField(Class clazz) {
  | 		// Check that the class passed is an entity
  | 		//if (!(clazz.isAnnotationPresent(Entity.class))) {
  | 		//	throw new ConverterException(getMessage(NOT_AN_ENTITY + " " + clazz.getName()));
  | 		//}

Now I don't know what the implications of this are; probably poor error output if the class really isn't an entity. Otherwise it works. Thanks for your help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993118#3993118

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993118