[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portal Request Architecture

jboss@biancashouse.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 12 20:18:42 EST 2006

Nirvana would be a fully working demo that shows us how to build portlets using Seam + Facelets (.xhtml not JSP) + [IceFaces or Ajax4JSF] with support for Conversations etc.

Some of the mechanisms/APIs you'd need to understand include:

- JSF's 7 step request lifecycle
- Portlet's lifecycle
- SeamExtendedManagerPersistentPortletPhaseListener
- Seam (JSF) Listener
- PortalServlet
- MyFacesGenericPortlet
- com.icesoft.faces.facelets.D2DSeamFaceletViewHandler

If anyone would share their knowledge of how these concepts are integrated, they would earn the respect and admiration of many. I'm trying hard to do it myself, but I'm on a steep learning curve - I come from a simple STRUTS b/g and am a newbie with the use of AOP,  Interceptors, JSF, etc.

Would any of the JBoss courses (or combination)  be able to provide such knowledge ?

Just thought I'd ask. I realise that if I could wait long enough a new version of Portal would eventually appear that does provide these things.

Thanks in advance

Ian
Sydney

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993213#3993213