[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - 401 error on selecting dashboard....

macjboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 05:56:45 EST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to secure access to the portal using NTLM and Active Directory.  So far I have manged to create my own servlet based on JCIFs NtlmServlet and created my own LoginModule to authenticate the user against AD and it all work fine; i can successfully log in to the portal.

I have changed the BASIC auth to FORM auth in the web.xml in jboss-portal.sar\portal-core.war\WEB-INF, configured the login page to point to my servlet, that deals with the post to j_security_check after forcing a log in through NTLM.  My custom LoginModule then gets called with the username from j_security_check, they are checked against AD and their roles populated, one of which is AUTHENTICATED, user logs in.

The problem is; having been lgged in, when I click on My Dashboard. I get a 401 error:

This request requires HTTP authentication ()

It seems that going to this location, BASIC authentication is being applied.  Having already successfully logged in to the portal, I'm not sure why this is happening?

If anyone could point me int he right direction that would be great.

Thanks,
Paul

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993333#3993333

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993333