[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: LeasePinger error

bob_walker99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 09:17:21 EST 2006

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated.

I try to keep my connections to a minimum - I have a MessageListener implementation per queue, and 6 queues. I also have a couple of Dispatcher objects in my client that post messages back to a different server.

The listeners each have a private connection object that is started in an init() method and remains open and active until either my listener service is stopped, or the ExceptionListener informs my code of a problem - in both events a dispose() method is called and all objects are cleared up.

The Dispatchers also have a single private connection object, this is created once, and then start()ed and stop()ped for each message send, unless something goes wrong, then it is stop()ped, close()d and nulled prior to re-initialisation.

There is also a servlet I also have that takes http posts and distributes them to to some of the queues that my listeners listen on - this does open and close a new connection per post, and in fact does a fresh JNDI lookup per http post. This probably receives about 10-20 messages per hour.

But, at any one time, there aren't a great many connections open, probably  < 20.

In all, traffic isn't huge at the moment, I manually send messages in bursts of maybe 50-100 at a time, on a sporadic basis at the moment, but I'm working towards automating this so that it's potentially frequent automated task. If I can get over this hurdle, the idea is to send quite a large volume of traffic via this infrastructure.

It may be of note that the messages can be large: they tend to be base64 representations of binaries.
I did see a problem with a specific large message that was around 4Mb - I gzipped the binary prior to encoding and the problem went away. Is there a size limit on messages?

As I mentioned, I seem to see the stack traces when I'm not actually sending anything through manually - the servlet does remain active 24/7 so, it may be that the errors originate from that traffic.

Thanks for your attention with this, it really is appreciated. If there's more info I can provide, do let me know.

Best regards,
Bob

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993396#3993396

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993396