[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Stateless EJB web service and nested elements

pepper_fiend do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 13:11:16 EST 2006

JBoss 4.0.3SP1

I have created a simple Java bean where one bean is nested inside the other, e.g., a Sale bean contains a Product bean, among other fields.

I have created an EJB with a Remote interface. I have exposed this interface as a web service. It uses RPC/Literal style. The method signature is:

public Sale getSale() throws RemoteException;

The EJB deploys just fine with no errors; I can also see the wsdl via a browser. But I get an error when I call this web service:

anonymous wrote : SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element, which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to deserialize.

I have read in the Axis API that SimpleDeserializer cannot handle nested elements. I'm not certain whether this is really my problem, though.

I have also found that this exception is associated with Doc/Literal wsdl's where a method uses an array, which is clearly not my case.

Can anyone recommend a course of action to help me debug this issue? Thank you in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993509#3993509

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993509