[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @In(create=true) throws exception when variable is null?

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 13:38:03 EST 2006

Ok, I figured it out.  Foo wasn't "any old class", but there wasn't a "createFoo" role.  To get Seam to instantiate something, you need to:

1. Make sure there is a Role with the necessary name.  You can specify this with either @Name, or you can have additional component names by using @Role or @Roles.

2. In the session bean, you use @In(create=true,value="...") to tell Seam to instantiate that.  I think the value="..." is optional if the variable name in the session bean is the same as the name on the entity (either the @Name or @Role).

I just did that and now it works.

I think I'm getting this thing under control.  It seems like once I get fluent in this it will be an amazing way to do web development.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993529#3993529

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993529