[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: NPE when using optimistic locking with JbossCache 1.4.0.

ddieckma do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 16:13:25 EST 2006

I am experiencing similar problems using JBC 1.4.0SP1 and JBC 1.4.1BETA using both hibernate-3.2.0 and hibernate-3.2.1.

The NPE's have been replaced with a data version class mismatch.  I traced for a while and it looks like when the OptimisticValidatorInterceptor validates nodes it runs into nodes in the workspace with a version object of type org.hibernate.cache.OptimisticTreeCache$DataVersionAdapter while the real node in the cache contains a version object of type DefaultDataVersion.

One possible reason that the real nodes still have a version object of DefaultDataVersion is that the constructor for OptimisticTreeNode ignores the version passed in.  It looks like there are some recent CVS commits to OptimisticTreeNode that update the constructor to use the version parameter.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993601#3993601

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993601