[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingC

forumer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 14 03:30:41 EST 2006

JBoss 4.0.4-CR2, EJB 3.0

I have a client which accesses EJB's successfully when I create the InitialContext as follows:

  | 		ctx.addToEnvironment("java.naming.factory.initial", "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | 		ctx.addToEnvironment("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  | 		ctx.addToEnvironment(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"jnp://localhost:1099");

However, if I place these properties in a jndi.properties file, instead,  under a folder and include this folder in the classpath

  | java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
  | java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
  | java.naming.provider.url=jnp://localhost:1099

I get the error:

  | javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory  [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory ]
  | 	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:657)
  | 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)
  | 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
  | 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:175)

I'd like to use a jndi.properties file instead of doing it in the code.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on why this might be happening.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993730#3993730

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993730