[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException when connecting

rayymlai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 14 10:51:08 EST 2006

this seems to be a compatibility issue of JBossWS 1.0.x with Java SE 6.0's JAX-WS 2.0. I've siimlar problem.

I had the JSR181EJB3 example from JBossWS 1.0.3/1.0.4 running well on JBoss AS 4.0.4/4.0.5 (after some painful patches). After I upgrade my JDK to 6.0, the same example generates the exception UnsupportedOperationException.

I try to remove the javax.xml.SOAPMessage*.class from the jbossws-client.jar and let the example uses Java SE 6.0's JAX-WS API. but it seems that there are more APIs impacted.

Previous email threads mention JDK 6.0 beta. But the same exception occurs for the GA version of 6.0 as well.

Java SE 6.0 provides amazing JAXWS 2.0 support. You can use its embedded HTTP web server to publish web services. New JAXWS 2.0 APIs are provided. I'd assume the current JBossWS 1.0.4's JAXWS API is not sync up with the latest JAXWS 2.0 yet.

Perhaps JBossWS team can advise the compatibility issue. Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993905#3993905

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993905