[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: [OT] Seam and Tomahawk - lost property?

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 14 13:50:54 EST 2006

"gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote : I mean, you are free to do what you like. Use Tomahawk, please, that's totally up to you. But if you choose to not take our well-meaning advice, then don't you think its unreasonable to expect us to support your decision by answering lots of forum questions?

In fact it's perfectly reasonable for you to not answer any forum questions.  You've already provided a fantastic free open-source framework.  That's not required or expected of you.  Answering questions on a forum is even less required or expected.  We should be happy to get expert-level advice like this on a forum.

As for Tomahawk, I have seen Gavin's (and others) repeated posts that say, "don't use it."  I used it and it got me on the wrong track, and now I'm having to spend time ripping it out because it's just not working.  The scoop is Icefaces will work with Seam, and Icefaces has some way cooler features than Tomahawk anyway, so after I get my app up and running I'm going to start adding some Icefaces to it.

It's too bad about Tomahawk because it does have some nice things, especially the sortable tables, but it's too painful to make it work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993980#3993980

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993980