[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Cant authenticate against jaas when set up through a context

ChristianNelsen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 14 16:44:24 EST 2006

I wanted to expose a specific directory on my system to the web and found a way to do it by adding a Context element into my server.xml.

<Context path="/mylogs" docBase="c:\Logs" debug="99" eloadable="false">
  |      <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve" prefix="access." suffix=".log" pattern="common"/>
  | </Context>

which works fine, http://localhost:8080/mylogs gives me a directory listing.

However, when I try to secure it with the same security I have on my jmx-console it doesn't authenticate against the jaas plugin that is used in the jmx-console.

To simplify things I simply copied the WEB-INF directory from the jmx-console.war file and added it to my C:\Logs without modifying any of the values.
It prompts me for a username password but never authenticates it against the java:jaas/jmx-console security.
Because this isn't a standard war file that would be placed in the deploy directory it doesn't seem to use the same steps to authenticate.  Does anybody know what I'm missing here?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994033#3994033

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994033