[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Basic Seam questions

lightbulb432 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 15 03:43:35 EST 2006

I have some questions about the responses above, but to have a better understanding leading up to it, I need to figure some things out about conversations.

>From the Seam FAQ:

anonymous wrote : Most other web frameworks store all application state in the HTTP session, which is inflexible, difficult to manage and a major source of memory leak. Seam can manage business and persistence components in several stateful scopes: components that only need to live across several pages are placed in the conversation scope; components that need to live with the current user session are placed in the session scope

anonymous wrote : Seam supports fine-grained user state management beyond the simple HTTP session. It isolates and manages user state associated with individual browser window or tab (in contrast, HTTP session is shared across all windows of the same browser).

What is the conversation equivalent of an HTTP session? Where and how is this conversation information actually stored?

How does Seam know that a new tab or window has been opened...I haven't been able to figure it out at all, but it almost seems like magic. I believe it happens with both client- and server-side state-saving. In both cases, how does it actually know of and keep track of all different conversations?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994147#3994147

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994147