[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: 401 error on selecting dashboard....

macjboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 15 06:02:28 EST 2006

Hey,

I was previously using the built in HSQL db, so to test out whether the db config was causing the security issues I swapped the portal datasource to MSSQL, when the portal rebuilt the db I can now access all portlets in the admin page, with the exception of the Role Portlet, which fits with Peter's comment that the portlet has a hard coded role in there and the existing db config meant the changed -object.xml's settings were being ignored.  So, I am very close to having what I want! :)

Thomas, I'm not sure I follow your point?  I don't want application roles and user roles.  I want one set of roles (groups), configured in AD to place users in so they have access to portal resources.  The way I am doing that is working fine; my custom AD module gets the roles the user belongs to on login and they are used to protect/grant access to the appropriate resources in the portal.  The problem is the hard coded role in the role portlet?

If you could elaborate that would be great.  I will however look in to JAAS and its use in portlets :)

Thanks,
Paul

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994192#3994192

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994192