[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - inconsistent exception handling in hibernate validation

amitka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 15 10:45:53 EST 2006

I am using hibernate validation for JPA entities and ejb3 stateless session beans.

When the entity has a generated value id, the InvalidStateException is itself thrown to the ejb client (a servlet in my case). However, when the entity's id isn't annotated with @GeneratedValue, the InvalidStateException is thrown in a PersistenceException which is in a JBossRollbackException which is in a RuntimeException.

Does anyone know the reason for that or if there is anything I can do to make it always throw the InvalidStateException directly and not wrap it in 2 other exceptions?

(I'm using MySQL)

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994256#3994256

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994256