[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: how we can lookup the JNDI of a remote Jboss from within

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 18 07:48:59 EST 2006

Not sure i understand the question right. Your code in appserver1 can do the following:

  | Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
  | env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"jnp://theSecondServerName:1099");
  | Context remoteCtx = new InitialContext(env);
  | remoteCtx.lookup(....);

You can even place the address of the second server in the jndi.properties file which accepts a comma separated value for the java.naming.provider.url property

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994653#3994653

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994653