[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Refreshing a portlet's cache

nollie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 18 11:12:08 EST 2006

Hello

I'm working with Jboss AS 4.0.3sp1 and JBoss portal 2.2.  I have a portlet that displays statistical information about our system on the main page of our website.  This information is updated in the database automatically each night.  My portlet currently caches the statistical data to ensure quick page loads, but I need a way to tell it to drop it's cache.

One solution is to use a timestamp and refresh my data when it's a day old.  This will lead to one slow page load for some unlucky user.  I want to avoid this.

Another solution is to use the Scheduler  http://jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=96668  but I'm not having much luck.  I'm reading about MBeans and Classloaders now, but I'm running out of time.

Is there another, easier why to do this?  Are there any better examples of how to use the scheduler? (I need to understand why JBoss can't find a classloader for my Schedulable bean.)

   Thanks

      nollie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994719#3994719

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994719