[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - 404 error when WS deployed in EAR

isotope1145 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 18 11:22:09 EST 2006

I deploy a JSR-181 EJB endpoint web-service in an .ear file and it works.

However, when I embed a .war file in the ear I can no longer access the web-service.  There are no deployment errors in the console, but when I try to access the WSDL I get an HTTP 404:
   The requested resource (/elixir-service/AppManagerBean) is not available" error.

The ear file is named elixir-service.ear and the embedded war file is named elixir-service.war.  The application.xml is as follows:

<application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee" version="1.4"
  |     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |     xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com /xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd">
  |     <display-name>elixir-service</display-name>
  |     <module>
  |       <ejb>elixir-service.jar</ejb>
  |     </module>
  |
  |     <module>
  |         <web>
  |             <web-uri>elixir-service.war</web-uri>
  |             <context-root>elixir-service</context-root>
  |         </web>
  |     </module>
  | </application>

If I change the <context-root> name in the application.xml file to something other than "elixir-service", then the web serivce works again.  So there appears to be a conflict between the web-service root and the .war root.

The following topic reports a similar problem:
  http://jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3944094

Is this a bug?  If not, what conventions should I follow when deploying an .ear that contains both web-services and .war web resources?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994723#3994723

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994723