[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Component bindings in Conversation scope

quilleashm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 18 16:15:07 EST 2006

Thanks for the replies guys.

Pete, I'll look into doing my logic inside a tag handler, I hadn't thought of doing it that way.  I have a template with a grid panel and a ui:define inside.  The define will insert things like input fields and combos.  I then use some convention rules based of the name of the bean property each control value is bound to, to auto-populate these fields from database tables.  To be fair I have to use a custom invoke handler in the template already to do this logic as it has to be done after the panel piece of the view is fully constructed but before encodeAll() is called.

Gavin, I looked at the code and for the Sun RI at least it is possible to restore the conversation before the bindings are updated on the controls.  By putting the conversation restore code in either the SeamStateManager.restoreView() or SeamViewHandler.restoreView(), the ViewRoot is available and built.  I have no idea if you can guarantee this will work on all implementations, I'll have to check the spec and see.

Cheers.

Mike.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3994805#3994805

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3994805