[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Value injection not always working with Seam 1.1

andrew.rw.robinson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 19 17:43:21 EST 2006

More information:

I tried changing the scope and that didn't work. Here is more information on this new problem with In:

Bean:
@Name("liveReportBean")
  | @LoggedIn
  | @Scope(ScopeType.CONVERSATION)
  | public class LiveReportBean
  | {
  |   @In(create=true)
  |   private DimensionInfoCache dimInfoCache;
  |   private ReportApplicationContextModel model;
  |
  |   public DimensionContextModel getModel()
  |   {
  |     return this.model;
  |   }
  |   public class ReportApplicationContextModel
  |     extends DimensionContextModel
  |   {
  |     protected void someMethod()
  |     {
  |       // dimInfoCache is null in 1.1, why?
  |     }
  |   }
  | }

My XHTML/JSF code references this model from using a value binding expression of "#{liveReportBean.model}". My "someMethod" is called when the renderer calls a method on the base class of the model. In 1.0.1 all my "@In(create=true)" variables on the live report bean were set, in 1.1 all are null. I really don't know what is different from 1.0.1 to 1.1 that would stop the in from importing my other beans and injecting them.

@Name("dimInfoCache")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.EVENT)
  | public class DimensionInfoCache ...

Thanks!

Gavin: to answer your question, In(create=true) works just fine most of the time, but not all of the time, that is what is confusing. This is why I know for sure these beans are being deployed fine. I am wondering if it has to do with serialization?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995150#3995150

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995150