[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - How do I find the browser client address behind a load balan

gustavosoares do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 20 11:44:35 EST 2006

Hi all!

I would like to know if it is possible to find out the client ip address behind a load balancer. In weblogic there is a configuration that when request.getRemoteAddr() is sent, the browser client address is returned instead of the load balancer VIP address. I don´t know if there is anything similar in Tomcat.

For instance:

A (10.10.2.1) connects to a load balancer B (192.168.1.3) and then the load balancer foward the request to a application server C. If the method getRemoteAddr() is issued on C, the ip address returned would be 192.168.1.3. I need to get the ip address from A. Is it possible?

Regards,
Gustavo

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3995357#3995357

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3995357